It wasn't alot, it was very little but ever since I had this wierd sour taste in my mouth and I have been drinking a lot of water. Some latex paints do contain measurable amounts of glycols, so poisoning could happen if someone swallows a very large amount. It is a water-based, non-toxic and quick-drying paint that can be used for many applications like craft. Swallowing very large amounts may cause stomach problems like vomiting. Breathing solvent paint fumes for too long can cause headaches, dizziness, and nausea. These days, some conscientious paint manufacturers like Liquitex and Utrecht (scroll down to see the cadmium-free paints) have begun to create new non-toxic versions of those colors—for example, a color that looks and performs almost exactly the same as Cadmium Yellow but contains no cadmium. This is why there is no particular nasty smell associated with acrylics paints. Sometimes people are harmed by using oil-based paints every day at work. From 2000, many art materials sold in the United States have included additional labelling for products containing cadmium and lead as a result of action surrounding California’s Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 (commonly known as Proposition 65). While products labeled "non-toxic" may not pose an immediate risk of poisoning, they may not be safe for long-term use. Acrylic paint is widely considered to be a safe paint as it is made using water based solvents. Solvent-based paints can be more irritating than latex or oil-based paints on the skin or if swallowed. FIRST AID TREATMENT: If swallowed, get prompt medical attention. Oil-based paints may contain solvents and can cause poisoning. I was just painting with acrylics, and i didn't notice I had some on my hand and I wiped my mouth. Look, instead, for the "AP" label on art paints, which signifies the paint is an "Approved Product" and certified non-toxic by the Art and Creative Materials Institute. If children swallow small amounts of water-based paint – including latex, tempera and poster paint – poisoning is not likely. But the biggest concern is with inhaling the fumes into the lungs. Oil-based paints contain solvents that can cause poisoning if swallowed. Paints: Water based paints, including latex, tempera and poster paints, may be very mild irritants to the skin or mouth.